A Few Cute Android Apps Games

I'm a sucker for  games with cute graphics...and I mean really cute, kawaii graphics. I rarely find any (most games are geared towards guys or the general audience and not designed for the *squee* factor...or maybe I am just not good at finding games). And when I do find some some cute ones the games are usually pretty simplistic.

Today, totally by accident, I found a couple cute android apps that are games. So I decided to blog about them. These too are probably too simplistic for my taste, but I thought that they were kawaii enough to write about anyway.

These apps I found by accident are by Retro Dreamer.


The first one is simply called Socks. What do you do in socks? You match the socks of course! Exciting? Well...maybe for some. But the pure cuteness of the graphics kept me playing longer than I might have otherwise. Probably a great game for kids.







The next one I tried was Ice Cream Jump. Again, really cute. Simplistic play. This is similar to Abduction 2, which I like more though, even though it's not as cute (but it still is cute). It's maybe silly, but the music in Abduction 2 really helps the game be more interesting to me. There is no music in Ice Cream Jump which I think would have made it better. There are some cute sound effects, but the sound of the scoop of ice cram landing on the ground pieces things sounds more like a typewriter and doesn't really jive well with me. They could have picked a much better sound for that.

And the game play just doesn't feel as nice as Abduction.
But still it is worth trying out, especially if you haven't tried Abduction 2 or other games like it that have pulled it off better.


There is another game by Retro Dreamer just like Ice Cream Jump, but it...uhm...features a cute pile of...poo instead of ice cream. For those who think that poo is cute and or funny, you might want to check the Happy Poo Jump version out too. o_O

Retro Dreamer has a few other games that have really cute graphics, but looked too simplistic for my taste to try (or featured the Happy Poo character...eww...so I didn't try those either). But you might want to check them out as well.

I wish I knew how to make Android apps. I'd love to make some cute ones myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment