Cute DIY Vinyl Toys

Every now and then I think I would like to try my hand at creating my own custom vinyl toy from one of those diy vinyl toys kits, such as a Munny or the cat like Trikky (shown here) by Munnyworld.

If you have never heard of diy vinyl toys before basically they are blank (usually white, but sometimes other colors) vinyl toys that you can paint, add Sculpey clay to, use markers on, or use anything else that takes your fancy to decorate it with so you have your own custom vinyl toy.

You can also take existing vinyl toys and paint or otherwise modify them as well. (If I ever do end up doing a custom vinyl toy I think I will probably go to the thrift store or dollar store and pick up some used or cheap vinyl toy, such as a rubber ducky, for my first one to screw up practice on.)

Awhile back I raptly followed the progress of some artists as they painted some specially issued, gigantic (I think 18") My Little Pony blank vinyl toys for the My Little Pony Project 2012 event. Some of them turned out so cool and beautiful. I loved the one by Miss Kika especially. Now that size is not available for the average person to use their diy skills on (you have to be invited by Hasbro to be able create one of these special editions).

But you can get a smaller, regular sized blank, My Little Pony from the Hasbro website here. (Normally I'd link to where you can buy it on Amazon.com, but in this particular instance you'd pay a Lot more for it there than you would if you buy it directly from Hasbro.)

So anyway today I happened across a blank, diy vinyl toy that I had not seen before. It is issued by Toki Doki (whose Japanese culture inspired illustrations are Amazing). And I think the Stellina Unicorno DIY Designer Vinyl Figure by Simone Legno of Tokidoki is definitely my favorite I've seen so far. It's kind of hard to see here in this pic, but I think you can still see it is of the sweetest, cutest unicorn.


Another cute DIY Vinyl Toy I have my eye on is this cupcake vinyl toy.

And if you are a fan of the cute little Android mascot for Android phones and tablets you can even make an Android custom vinyl toy.

There are a ton of cute diy vinyl toys on Amazon.com for the creative and artistic souls out there. But if you really get into making diy vinyl toys then you might want to check out myplasticheart.com or similar sites to it for an even wider selection of diy vinyl toys you can customize.

 If you'd like to see some examples of some customized vinyl toys that others have done check out these kawaii ones on flickr. (Note the toys shown on that link may or may not be "kawaii custom vinyl toys", I just used that as search words and these are the results that showed up.)

No comments:

Post a Comment